Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baby Gators: Trey Burton

If you check ESPN's current 2010 recruiting ranks, you'll see something quite familiar by now. The Gators are seated atop the polls. The class that Meyer is bringing in is superb once again. Since there's a by week this week, I figured now would be a good time to take a look into our bright future.

First up is Trey Burton. Burton is a 6'3 204 pound "athlete" out of Venice High in Florida. I put athlete in quotations because I really can't see this kid playing any other position but QB. Yea he's big and elusive, but the man has got an arm. This is something that can readily be seen when watching one of his highlight reels.

Speaking of highlight reels, here's a highlight tape of Trey Burton from last season.



I really hope he stays with the number 22 and stays at QB. How great would it be to see a throwback like Burton rocking a number 22 while slinging the ball all over the place. He'd definitely look better than this guy.

2 comments:

jj gator said...

I had watched a little of Trey Burton's vids before a game earlier this year, and I'm impressed by what he can do - even more so, he's been a lifelong Gator supporter and is enthusiastic about coming to UF next year.

Do you think his younger brother is worth scouting at this point (can't remember what his name is, but he also plays HS football)?

LeakBrewerGator said...

His younger brother is Clay Burton. Clay is taller and stronger than Trey. Which is good since he's a TE/DE. I think the Gators' should definitely pursue him.After Hernandez, there's no real TE threat ready to step up. I haven't looked at the 2011 class, but I doubt there's a TE on there.

Plus, if Trey does become a signal caller down the road, imagine the chemistry he and Clay would have.