Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekly Picks

Last Week - 39-13

Overall - 360-85

I bounced back rather nicely last week. Finally a few of my upset picks payed off. Some other ones, not so much. I am now officially a believer in the Texas Longhorns. We'll see how long that lasts.

Baseball and beer pong provided a nice distraction from some of the shitty games this past week. Hopefully this week's slate will provide some better match-ups.

Here are my ever so powerful picks:

Ohio @ Temple
Auburn @ West Virginia
New Mexico @ Air Force
Boise St. @ San Jose St.
Texas Tech @ Kansas
Eastern Michigan @ Ball St.
Northwestern
@ Indiana
Minnesota @ Purdue
Cincinnati
@ Connecticut
Boston College @ North Carolina
Illinois @ Wisconsin
Wake Forest
@ Miami (FL)
Central Michigan @ Toledo
Oklahoma @ Kansas St.
Kentucky @ Florida
Baylor @ Nebraska
Louisiana Tech
@ Army
UNLV @ BYU
Duke @ Vanderbilt
Fresno St.
@ Utah St.
Rice @ Tulane
Oklahoma St. @ Texas
Georgia
@ LSU
South Florida @ Louisville
Rutgers @ Pittsburgh
Virginia @ Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech @ Florida St.
UCLA @ California
NC State @ Maryland
Michigan St.
@ Michigan
Kent St. @ Miami (OH)
SMU @ Navy
Bowling Green @ Northern Illinois
New Mexico St. @ Idaho
Wyoming @ TCU
Colorado @ Missouri
Ole Miss
@ Arkansas
Texas A&M @ Iowa St.
Troy @ North Texas
Middle Tennessee @ Mississippi St.
Florida Atlantic
@ UL-Monroe
Alabama @ Tennessee
Penn St. @ Ohio St.
Southern Miss @ Memphis
Notre Dame @ Washington
Colorado St.
@ San Diego St.
Oregon @ Arizona St.
USC @ Arizona
Nevada @ Hawaii
UCF @ Tulsa

Upset Picks:

Purdue over Minnesota - I like what the Gophers are doing this season. I just can't see the Boilermakers letting Joe Tiller go out with a losing season.

North Carolina over Boston College - I ranked BC in my top 25 for the first time this season. I follow that up by picking them to lose to the Tar Heels. The worst thing that could have happened to the Eagles was UNC losing to UVA last week.

Rutgers over Pittsburgh - Picking Rutgers last week payed off for me. I'm going for it again! I still have faith that Rutgers can pull it around and that Dave Wannstedt can still find a way to totally screw this season.

Ohio St. over Penn St. - Not sure how much of an upset this really is. I like for the Buckeyes to defend home turf and knock off Penn St. Also, with PSU's remaining schedule it would greatly benefit my Gators if they lost on Saturday.

Washington over Notre Dame - Wouldn't it be sweet if this was the only game Washington won all year? What a way to send coach Ty out!

No comments: