Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good 'ol Bobby says he's staying.


Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden hinted that he will be staying in Tallahassee for a few years. This all went down during his interview at the ACC media Days.


Bowden, who turns 79 this upcoming season, said he wants to stay at FSU until he can right the ship. I am fond of Bobby, but I don't think he will be around long enough to see the 'Noles bounce back.


When asked about his future, Bowden said " I'm still the head football coach. But I know we've got to win more than we're winning now. I'm not interested in getting out, though. I plan on getting this thing back to where it ought to be, and go on from there. Time will tell."


Bowden knows his team has been garbage lately. The fact that he thinks he can turn it around just makes him seem a little senile. Another insight into the man's insanity may have came when he was quoted as saying, " My goal is to gt back to the top, but if we get there, we're not going to stay there. There's too many good teams in this conference."


Too many good teams in this conference? Does Bowden think he's in the SEC or Big XII. There are probably one and a half good teams in the ACC. That's about it. What happened to the good old days in Tallahassee when the 'Noles didn't care who was on their schedule? They would just show up and wax that ass. Now, FSU can't even get past Wake anymore.


I know one man that's one pissed off millionaire right about now:







No comments: