Monday, May 26, 2008

Elite Linebackers

Now is the time to beak down the top 25 linebackers in the nation. I'm getting a little tired of sharing my wealth of knowledge with all of you. I want to be selfish and keep some to myself.

Also, I know nobody actually reads what I write anyway. For these reasons I am just simply going to list my picks for top 25 linebackers.

If you disagree, leave a comment and I can let you know why you are absolutely wrong to question me.

  1. Ray Maualuga USC
  2. James Laurinaitis Ohio St.
  3. Brian Cushing USC
  4. Brandon Spikes Florida
  5. Jasper Brinkley South Carolina
  6. Darry Beckwith LSU
  7. Zach Follett California
  8. Sean Weatherspoon Missouri
  9. Jonathan Casillas Wisconsin
  10. Rolando McClain Alabama
  11. Joe Pawelek Baylor
  12. Tray Blackmon Auburn
  13. Joe Mortensen Kansas
  14. Scott McKillop Pittsburgh
  15. Rico McCoy Tennessee
  16. Gerald McGrath Southern Miss
  17. Solomon Elimimian Hawaii
  18. Dannell Ellerbe Georgia
  19. Eric Norwood South Carolina
  20. Aaron Curry Wake Forest
  21. Marcus Freeman Ohio St.
  22. Frantz Joseph Florida Atlantic
  23. Joe Henderson UAB
  24. Dave Phillistin Maryland
  25. Maurice Crum, Jr. Notre Dame
There you have it. These LB's should be honored to make my list.

I really can't wait for some real college football news to happen, so I can stop making these lists to fill space.

2 comments:

-]~W:I:L:L~[- said...

Spikes did get a lot of tackles, but top 5? You must be counting on a lot of improvement over last year. Couldn't defend the pass to save his life. And after being the best defensive player 2 years in a row, how could Laurinitis be 2nd, even to a great player Maualuga? Answer me those two great oracle.

-]~W:I:L:L~[-

LeakBrewerGator said...

First of all, I like that name, "Great Oracle". I think I'll use that from now on, it completely describes me.

Spikes is the best LB in the SEC, if that doesn't make him top 5 then I don't know what does.

I really wanted to make Maualuga and Laurinaitis 1a and 1b, but that would be cheating. They are both very close, but I think Ray is a little more athletic. Since you brought up pass defense, Maualuga is one of the best at the LB position.