Friday, May 23, 2008

Why I love JoePa

Outside of Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier, Joe Paterno has got to be my favorite coach in college football. The man always speaks his mind. I also liked the fact that JoePa continued to walk the sideline after breaking his leg last season. Despite being 81 years old, JoePa has got to be the biggest bad ass in all of coaching. I bet JoePa still gets more tail than these young hot shot coaches. One time I was at a club in Tampa when the Penn St. football team walked in. JoePa non-chalantly followed and walked straight to the bar and ordered a drink called "liquid cocaine." When the bartender informed Paterno they didn't make that drink, Paterno immediately grabbed him by the throat and proceeded to give him the ass-kicking of his life. Lesson Learned:Don't EVER tell Paterno he can't have something. The bartender is in stable condition now so everything should be fine.

Anyway, JoePa added to his legacy while speaking in Pittsburgh recently. It seems JoePa is against his Big Eleven brethren, because he believes a playoff system is the correct way to go. Paterno called all the lame ass excuses that were being thrown out "completely bullshit."

The argument against playoffs because it ruins the sanctity of the regular season and causes the athletes to miss too much school was brought to Paterno's attention. His response, "That's total bullshit! Tell those crap bags to go to Home Depot, buy a nice sand blaster on sale, and get all of the sand out of their vaginas."

Paterno would go on to joke that he plans on coaching for 10-15 more years and he doesn't believe that a playoff system will occur in that time span.

I really hope Paterno's contract gets extended at Penn State, because college football NEEDS more JoePa!

1 comment:

-]~W:I:L:L~[- said...

I agree, we need an old school guy who actually knows what's going on on the field...unlike one ACC Coach. He's always arguing calls and firing up his team, just a great all-around coach...I posted a new blog entry last night, tell me what ya think!

-]~W:I:L:L~[-