Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where's Moody

Where the hell is this guy:





I was all kinds of pumped up when Sir Emmanuel Moody announced he was transferring to the greatest institution known to man.

"Finally," I thought, "We have a dangerous back that will take some of the load off of Tebow and Harvin." Whenever I attended a Gator game last year, I made sure to spot Moody on the sideline. I would elbow my annoyed girlfriend and say, "That guy right there is the answer."

Not since C-4 donned a Gator jersey had I been so excited about a Gator running back. Deshawn Wynn was ok, but I always felt that his power running style didn't fit in with our offense. And don't get me started on Kestahn Moore.

Heading in to week 1 and our momentous showdown against the Hawaii Warriors I was jacked to see this Gator offense in action. I wasn't disappointed. Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey and Brandon James had tremendous games at the running back position. Our rushing attack was stellar, and we didn't even need Tebow to help out. All of this excitement was somewhat diluted by the fact that I didn't get to see Mr. Moody do his thang.

2 carries?!?! Are you serious?!?!?! 2 carries?!?!?! I couldn't believe that Urban Meyer found a way to get the ball in the hands of every running back on his squad EXCEPT for Moody. I heard all kinds of reports after the game that Moody was a little dinged up and Meyer was a little hesitant to use him. However, I also heard that Moody was still struggling to pick up the offense. I have to say I believe the latter a little more than the former.

Week 2 came, and went. This time Moody didn't tote the pill even once! Granted our offense struggled all night against a very good and speedy Miami Hurricane defense. But we're talking about a guy who won PAC-10 Freshman of the year two years ago. Instead of giving him a chance, Meyer and Dan Mullen decided to give the ball to Kestahn Moore. Why we still hand the ball off to Moore is way beyond me.

This week the Gators will travel to Knoxville to take on Tennessee. While I don't expect a blowout on par with last season's whoop-ass, I do expect the Gators to win comfortably. That is, unless we hand the ball off to Kestahn over 5 times.

Moody transferred to Florida to escape the extremely crowded backfield at USC. With the likes of Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps, Brandon James, Mon Williams and even Kestahn Moore, our backfield is a little crowded too. However, I know Moody is a more talented back than all of these guys. He may not have the speed of Demps, the elusiveness of Rainey or the shittiness of Moore, but he IS a better all-around back.

I hope to see, at the very least, more than 2 carries for Moody this week. I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments: