Friday, June 13, 2008

ESPN gets better with addition by subtraction

Bill Curry announced yesterday that he will be leaving the broadcast booth to take over the football program at Georgia St.

All I can say is, thank god! Curry was horrible as a college football analyst for ESPN. Good 'ol Bill has spent the last 11 years verbally ravaging my ear canals as I watched my beloved sport.

College football fans everywhere can thank GSU athletic director Mary McElroy for getting Curry off the airwaves.

Bill Curry has previously ran the Alabama and Kentucky programs into the ground, and he will now get a chance to do the same to a program that hasn't even started playing yet. The Georgia St. Panthers are looking to begin football play in 2010 in the Colonial Athletic league.

I have always likened Bill Curry to John Madden. They are both former coaches that get waaayyy too much credit as analysts. All Madden and Curry do is point out the obvious. Curry always got on my nerves more because he had that damn drawl. I once heard Curry say during a telecast that the team on offense had to try to gain 10 yards in the allotted amount of downs or they would have to punt. Are you serious? You think that is what needs to be done?

I kind of take it as an insult to my intelligence that this ass plunger has been on the air for 11 damn years.

Now we just need for George Mason to start a football program and hire Larry Coker out of the booth. While I actually like Coker as a commentator on ESPNU (the man usually makes good points), I cannot stand his damn voice. Maybe they could have Coker write some material for Andre Ware or Todd Blackledge. Of course this would force Blackledge to NOT mention the fact that he played QB at Penn St. during an entire game.

No comments:

Blog Archive