Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gator superlatives


I feel like I have been neglecting my Gators lately. I've been going on and on about every other program in the nation and it seems I almost forgot the best one of all, the University of Florida.
So I decided to do an entire blog about the Mighty Gators. This one is for those fans that may not be as familiar with the program as my awesome self is.
Here are a few superlative categories among the Florida football team. Enjoy and tell me what you think or how great I am in the comment section.
MVP- Tim Tebow QB. There are a lot of choices on the team for this one, but there is no way you can go against a returning Heisman winning QB. At times last season, Tebow was THE Gator football team. Florida needs him to stay healthy if they want to make a title run.
Best Newcomer- Omar Hunter DT. I don't remember more excitement around an incoming freshmen since......well since Timmy. Hunter should get playing time right away on the D-line. If the defense performs as bad as it did last season, look for Hunter to make a few starts.
Fastest player- Deonte Thompson WR. There are so many choices on the squad for this. There have been all kinds of 40 times thrown all over the place. But I've seen the entire team in person and Deonte is FAAAAAAAAAST! He edges out Chris Rainey, Louis Murphy and Percy Harvin.
Best Runner- Percy Harvin WR. Now there is a difference between being a good runner and a fast runner. Harvin happens to be both. That makes him the best runner.
Breakout star- Major Wright S. I wanted to go with Chris Rainey on this but everyone is expecting him to takeoff. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Wright in the secondary. I look for Wright to have a Reggie Nelson type season. He is already known as the Eraser 2.0.
Most likely to succeed at next level- Percy Harvin WR. This is Harvin again. Percy is in the Reggie Bush/ Darren McFadden type level. That pretty much assures that he will be a VERY high draft selection.
Defensive leader- Brandon Spikes LB. Tebow has this wrapped up on the offensive end, but when it comes to defense it's all about Mr. Spikes. Spikes speaks volumes with his play as well as his vocal leadership. Brandon is the best of a great group of linebackers.
Most likely to be famous outside of football- Joe Haden CB. Haden is a character. If you talk to anyone on the team they all use the same word to describe Haden: Rock Star.
Top Heisman candidate- Tim Tebow QB. This was a close call between Tebow and Harvin. Whenever it's too close to call it's usually a good idea to go with the safer bet. That would be the incumbent in this case, Mr. Tim Tebow.
Player I'd like to hang out with- Wondy Pierre-Louis CB. He's Creole. I'm Creole. There would be some good food and a lot of hot sauce.
There's my short list. I may make another one in the future. If you have any more categories to add, just let me know. If not, screw you.

No comments:

Blog Archive