Saturday, June 14, 2008

What is this, Arena Football??

College football uniforms are some of the more recognizable unis in all of sports. Lately, there has been a disturbing trend to trot out onto the field in complete ass ugly uniforms.

I have listed the ugliest uniforms in all of college football this season. As always my list is extremely biased, so if you don't like it, you should probably stop watching college football, because you are a moron.

The list is in no particular order, the unis are all equally bad.


Oregon's uniforms actually aren't that bad. I think they get more crap than they deserve from the media. I actually like the all white design in this pic. That being said, their bright yellow jerseys are disgusting and the rivets on the shoulder pads have got to go. Overall, this is a step up from previous Oregon designs.



Arizona St. has a horrible color scheme to deal with, so I can't expect much from them. Put a little devil with an over sized dome piece on the helmet? That's a little too much. I think they should just go for the cursive Devils script, that would be much nicer.


I used to like Wyoming's uniforms because I thought they were nice and simple. This all changed when they decided to outline the Cowboy decal with a neon yellow looking color. Why couldn't they just leave simple and plain alone?


I just really don't like the brown and orange color combo. There were plenty of nominees to make this list from the MAC, but I went with the Falcons because they got rid of the original corny Falcon decal for a simple B/G decal. Lame.



The Minnesota Golden Gophers don't just have a retarded nickname, they have some pretty bad uniforms. I really wanted to put a pick up of their mustard color unis, but it seems they have been banned from the Internet. I don't blame the Internet one bit.


When I first saw Southeastern Louisiana's uniforms on T.V., I thought someone was playing a joke on me. When I realized it was no joke, I then thought that perhaps I was watching JV girls football. To my surprise, I found out I was in fact watching real college football. I immediately doused my eyes with kerosene and lit them on fire.



When Temple recently decided to change their uniforms, it looked like they went to the local after school program for mentally challenged kids for it's design. I swear some of the Temple script decals look like they're crooked.



When was the last time lime green could be substituted for mean green? Perhaps North Texas is just warming us up for their upcoming nickname change. Introducing the North Texas Fighting Kiwis!


I would like to know which genius decided it would be cool to put eyeballs onto the side of a helmet. Apparently someone at Western Carolina thought this would be pretty intimidating, because that's exactly what they did.


If North Dakota St. had a better helmet decal, they probably wouldn't even make this list. If your nickname is the Bison, you could come up with way more kick-ass designs than a cartoonish looking Buffalo. Someone from NDSU must have previously worked in the NFL.

No comments:

Blog Archive