Wednesday, June 18, 2008

National Championship odds

I'm not a gambler at all. I like money too much to gamble it away, so I don't really follow the odds or lines on games. However, there are a lot of people out there that take a lot of stock in the odds given by Vegas on certain things happening.

These are the odds of a few notable teams to win the NC this year:

USC - 3:1
Florida, Georgia, Ohio St. and Oklahoma- 6:1
LSU- 12:1
Auburn 20:1
Clemson-22:1
West Virginia- 25:1
Michigan, Tennessee, Texas- 30:1
Miami, UCLA- 35:1
Alabama, Virginia Tech- 40:1
Florida St., Illinois, Penn St., Rutgers- 50:1
Notre Dame- 55:1
Arkansas- 150:1


I don't really care about any of this, but some people put in a lot of work to get these numbers.

1 comment:

Hamilton said...

I don't gamble either, but I want to take the bet against whatever idiot really thinks Michigan has a one in 30 chance to be the national champs. Just a hunch that Tennessee and Texas might have a LITTLE better chance than a team without a QB. Maybe 1:30 that they'll make a bowl...

Blog Archive