Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Phil Steele's Preview


So I finally bought my second college football preview magazine. As you can see I purchased Phil Steele's self proclaimed "Most accurate preseason magazine."
I have already previewed Lindy's preseason annual.
If you're a huge college football fan, I recommend Lindy's annual. If you live, breathe and eat college football, then I recommend Phil Steele's. When he says his previews are "jampacked with information," that mofo aint lying!
There is 350 pages of stats and figures to give you you're college football fix during the Summer.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Phil Steele's preview:
  • As I mentioned, Steele professes that his magazine is consistently the most accurate in all the land. (He makes this declaration on nearly every page.) If he keeps up the tradition than the Gators will be in for a good year because he has them as his number one.
  • South Florida is ranked 8th in the land. I think that's kind of high myself.
  • His championship game will be a rematch of Florida and Ohio St. I see Buckeye fans everywhere pissing the bed...
  • Tim Tebow, Chris Wells and Michael Crabtree are the top rated QB, RB and WR, respectively.
  • His most improved team is Notre Dame. He has the Irish ranked 18th in the country. I'm sorry but I just don't see the Irish being that good, especially not 18th in the land.
  • Unlike Lindy's, Phil Steele does preview the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. However, he has WKU in the Sun Belt even though they don't begin conference play until next year.

All in all, I like Phil Steele's preview. But I warn you, don't spend the 9 bucks if you are not an intense follower of cfb.

No comments:

Blog Archive